Q1. HOW MUCH IS THE PH TRAVEL RT-PCR TEST SUBSIDY FOR QUALIFIED TOURISTS?
A1. PCMC has provided the DOT / TPB with a special rate of Php 1,500.00 for RT-PCR Testing under the PH Travel RT-PCR. If you are approved for the 50% subsidy, you would only need to pay Php 750.00 (cash payment only) to PCMC.
The regular price of RT-PCR Testing with PCMC is Php 3,577.00 for walk-in clients. You may call 8588-9900 local 426 for inquiries.
Q2. WHO CAN AVAIL OF THE 50% SUBSIDY FOR THE RT-PCR TEST?
A2. Filipinos and foreigners residing in the Philippines can avail of the 50% subsidy for the RT-PCR Test provided the purpose of their domestic travel is for leisure tourism, and with confirmed roundtrip transportation and accommodation bookings, and provided further that their chosen travel destinations and ports of entry are declared open to leisure tourists.
Q3. I AM A FOREIGNER LIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES. CAN I APPLY FOR THE SUBSIDY AND SUBMIT MY ALIEN CERTIFICATE REGISTRATION CARD AS MY VALID GOVERNMENT-ISSUED ID?
A3. Yes, you can apply for the subsidy. Foreigners living in the Philippines who are residents, with work, long term, student, or with other valid visas may avail of the subsidy as long as the purpose of domestic travel is for leisure tourism. You must be able to submit proof/s of your residence in the Philippines upon registration. Submitted requirements will be evaluated by the Screening Committee.
Q4. I WANT TO AVAIL OF THE 50% SUBSIDY FOR THE RT-PCR TEST. WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS I NEED TO SUBMIT?
A4. You must submit the following documents in the application form:
- Copy of two (2) valid government-issued IDs
- Copy of confirmed hotel booking
- Copy of roundtrip transportation tickets, if applicable, bearing name and booking reference number**
- Via air – roundtrip air tickets MNL-destination-MNL
- Via sea – roundtrip ferry tickets
- Via land –
- Public: roundtrip bus tickets
- Private: copy of Official Receipt/Certificate of Registration and Photo of Vehicle with Plate Number
**Subject to restrictions and guidelines imposed by the LGU and local ports of entry
Q5. WHAT VALID GOVERNMENT-ISSUED IDs CAN I SUBMIT IN MY APPLICATION?
A5. Valid government-issued IDs are the following: Driver’s license, Passport, PRC license, PhilPost ID, UMID, SSS, Voter’s ID, TIN ID, PhilHealth ID, PWD ID, and Senior Citizen ID.
If you do not have any of the IDs listed above, a secondary ID (e.g. student ID, police clearance, NBI clearance, Pag-ibig ID and the like) can be submitted subject to approval of the evaluation team.
Q6. HOW MANY QUALIFIED DOMESTIC TOURISTS CAN PCMC ACCOMMODATE PER DAY FOR THE SUBSIDIZED RT-PCR SWAB TEST?
A6. PCMC can accommodate at least 200 qualified domestic tourists per day.
Q7. HOW DO I PAY FOR MY RT-PCR TEST?
A7. PCMC only accepts cash payment for RT-PCR Testing.
Q8. I AM WILLING TO PAY THE REGULAR PRICE FOR THE RT-PCR TEST. CAN I SET A SCHEDULE FOR TESTING DIRECTLY WITH PCMC?
A8. The regular price of RT-PCR Testing with PCMC is Php 3,577.00 for walk-in clients. You may call 8588-9900 local 426 for inquiries.
Q9. WHERE IS THE TESTING SITE OF PCMC?
A9. You may proceed to Gate 3 of PCMC, along Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City.
Q10. CAN I REGISTER MORE THAN FIVE (5) DAYS BEFORE MY DEPARTURE DATE?
A10. Yes, you may register earlier than the five (5) day period prior to your departure date. Considering, however, that most open tourism destinations require that the RT-PCR test is taken 72-hours prior to departure/scheduled travel date, you will be scheduled for swabbing three (3) days before your travel date. Please note however, that some destinations particularly Siargao and El Nido require that the RT-PCR test is taken 48 hours prior to departure/scheduled date.
Q11. MY SCHEDULED DEPARTURE DATE FALLS ON A TUESDAY. IS PCMC OPEN FOR RT-PCR SWAB TESTING ON SUNDAYS?
A11. Yes. PCMC is open daily from 8:00am to 3:00pm (including holidays).
Q12. IF MULTIPLE TOURISTS ARE INDICATED IN ONE TRANSPORTATION TICKET, WILL EACH TOURIST HAVE TO REGISTER INDIVIDUALLY?
A12. Yes, tourists will have to register individually using different email addresses.
Q13. I AM TRAVELLING WITH MY FAMILY, CAN WE REGISTER USING ONE EMAIL ADDRESS?
A13. Our system only allows one entry/application per email address. Kindly register your family members individually using separate email addresses.
Q14. WHAT IF I SENT MY APPLICATION LESS THAN FIVE (5) DAYS BEFORE MY DEPARTURE DATE. WILL IT BE ACCOMMODATED?
A14. No. We regret that the existing process cannot accommodate applications that are sent less than five (5) days prior to the departure date considering the evaluation and scheduling work required to process the request to avail of the subsidy.
Q15. I HAVE SENT MY APPLICATION TO AVAIL OF THE SUBSIDY. WHERE CAN I FOLLOW-UP?
A15. You may follow-up on your application by sending an email to [email protected].
Q16. MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED TO AVAIL OF THE SUBSIDY. WHAT WILL BE THE NEXT STEP?
A16. PCMC will notify the approved applicant of the schedule for swab testing via email within two days prior your departure date. Only those who have received confirmation of the swab test schedule will be accommodated.
Q17. MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN REJECTED AFTER EVALUATION. WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE REASONS OF THE NON-ACCEPTANCE OF MY APPLICATION?
A17. Your application may be rejected if:
- You are not residing in the Philippines and/or was not able to submit a proof that you are residing in the Philippines;
- You sent your application less than five (5) days before your departure date;
- You are booked in a non-DOT-accredited accommodation;
- Your accommodation booking confirmation does not bear the name of the accommodation property, date/s of stay, and/or booking confirmation number;
- Your transportation ticket is not roundtrip and/or does not bear the applicant’s name and/or booking reference number;
- Your transportation and accommodation bookings do not reflect the same duration dates;
- You have submitted an identification card not included in the list;
- Your submitted documents are not clear and readable;
- Your destination of choice is not open for leisure tourists, yet;
- Your preferred destination, and chosen port of entry applies certain travel restrictions for leisure tourists;
- The turnaround time for the test result is 1-2 days. The intended departure date does not meet our timeline;
- The validity date requirement of the RT-PCR test of your chosen destination is 2 days. The turnaround time for the test result of PCMC is 1-2 days; and,
- PCMC has reached the quota of 200 qualified domestic tourists for the RT-PCR Test for the day.
Q18. MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN REJECTED AFTER EVALUATION BUT I WANT TO CLARIFY THE REASON/S WHY MY APPLICATION WAS REJECTED. WHERE CAN I SEND MY INQUIRY?
A18. For clarification regarding the status of your application, you can send an email to [email protected].
Q19. WHAT IF I AM NOT AVAILABLE ON THE GIVEN SCHEDULE OF SWAB TESTING? CAN I REQUEST FOR A RESCHEDULING?
A19. You can coordinate directly with PCMC on the rescheduling of your swab testing. Please be advised that PCMC can only accommodate 100 qualified domestic tourists per day on a first come-first served basis.
Q20. WHEN IS THE EARLIEST DATE THAT I CAN RECEIVE MY RT-PCR SWAB TEST RESULT?
A20. PCMC shall endeavor to send the COVID-19 RT-PCR test result directly to you via email within 24 hours from the conduct of the swab test.
Q21. CAN CHILDREN ALSO AVAIL OF THE 50% SUBSIDY FOR THE RT-PCR TEST?
A21. Based on IATF Resolution No. 84 Series 2020 dated November 19, 2020, Section B No. 8, age restrictions for travelers for tourism purposes may be relaxed upon the determination of local government units, and subject to prior consultation with the DOT, DOH, and DILG, and the development of specific guidelines for this purpose. Thus, we shall process and evaluate applications subject to the submission of the complete documents. Valid IDs for children are any of the following: Passport, School ID, and Birth Certificate.
Q22. I BOOKED MY ACCOMMODATION THROUGH AIRBNB. WILL MY APPLICATION BE ACCEPTED TO AVAIL OF THE 50% SUBSIDY?
A22. No. The Guidelines provide that only bookings made with DOT-accredited accommodation properties are qualified for the RT-PCR subsidy.