As of 09 January 2021
To avail of the DOT-TPB 50% (PHP 750.00) SARS CoV2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test subsidy, tourists are advised of the following guidelines to facilitate the arrangement for pre-scheduled SARS CoV2 RT PCR testing:
- Five (5) days before the intended travel date, the tourist must register online at https://www.tpb.gov.ph/rtpcrphtravel/
and indicate a travel destination that is declared open to leisure tourists.
- Applicants must attach the following supporting documents:
- Copy of a valid government-issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, PRC License, PhilPost ID, UMID, SSS, Voter’s ID, TIN ID, PhilHealth ID, PWD ID, Senior Citizen ID)
- Copy of confirmed accommodation booking with a DOT-Accredited and Open establishment for leisure and staycation, and should be staying in these establishments within the duration of their stay in the destination.
- Copy of roundtrip transportation tickets, if applicable, bearing name and booking reference number
- Via air – roundtrip air tickets MNL-destination-MNL
- Via sea – roundtrip ferry tickets
- Via land –
- If, Public transport : roundtrip bus tickets
- If, Private transport: copy of Official Receipt/Certificate of Registration and Photo of Vehicle with Plate Number
- The Tourism Promotions Board (TPB) shall evaluate the documents and inform the tourist of the status of application within a reasonable time.
- The TPB officer in-charge shall forward the line list of approved tourists to PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory email every day, between 8:00 am to 9:00 am only. Any additional list will be acted upon by the PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory, as long as it is emailed to them before 3:00 pm and that the RT-PCR test will not be administered on the same day.
- PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory can only accommodate and administer a minimum of 50 and maximum of 200 SARS CoV2 RT-PCR tests per day. Thus, applications will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Approved applicants will receive an email from PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory, where a link to the Client Investigation Form (CIF) will be given and to be filled up properly and completely by the tourist. They can also visit directly the PCMC website at pcmc.gov.ph, then click OUR SERVICES, then click COVID Laboratory. A downloadable Case Investigation Form (CIF) is available on the page.
- Once the CIF has been accomplished electronically, and submitted to [email protected], the PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory will notify the tourist of the schedule for swab testing. Only those who have submitted the CIF online and who have received confirmation of swab test schedule will be accommodated. Walk-in requests shall be strictly denied.
- Tourists with approved applications must be at the swabbing area of PCMC on their confirmed date of SARS CoV2 RT PCR testing. Failure to show up on the scheduled date would forfeit the 50% SARS CoV2 RT-PCR subsidy.
- Tourists who will request swab test reappointment/rebooking shall be approved if her/his travel date is not less than 1 day.
- PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory shall collect from the tourists the remaining 50% (PHP 750.00). Payment shall complete the PHP 1,500 total cost of the SARS CoV2 RT PCR test.
- PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory shall send the SARS CoV2 RT-PCR test result directly to the tourist via email within 24 hours.
- PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory shall immediately inform the tourist of the invalid result due to specimen quality and undetermined mark.
- Tourists are encouraged to follow up a SARS CoV2 RT-PCR result at PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory contact number 02-85889900 local 426 between 7:00 AM to-10:00 PM.