(As of 24 September 2021)
To avail of the DOT-TPB 50% (PHP 750.00) SARS CoV2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test subsidy, tourists are advised of the following guidelines to facilitate the arrangement for pre-scheduled SARS CoV2 RT PCR testing:
- Five (5) days before the intended travel date, the tourist must register online at https://www.tpb.gov.ph/rtpcrphtravel-application/ and indicate a travel destination that is declared open to leisure tourists. Please note that registrations per desired travel date is limited to 350. Should the allocation for the date has been reached, it will automatically be closed. Multiple registrations are discouraged.
- Applicants must attach the following supporting documents:
- Copy of any two (2) of the following government-issued IDs (Driver’s License, Passport, PRC License, PhilPost ID, UMID, SSS, Voter’s ID, TIN ID, PhilHealth ID, PWD ID, Senior Citizen ID). In the absence of the above, any of the following secondary IDs (police clearance, NBI clearance, Pag-ibig ID and the like) can be submitted subject to approval of the evaluation team.
- For Minors (1- 17 years old), any copy of the following: Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Certificate of Birth, Passport or School ID would suffice.
- Copy of confirmed accommodation booking with a DOT-Accredited and open establishment for leisure and staycation, and should be staying in these establishments within the duration of their stay in the destination.
- Copy of roundtrip transportation tickets, if applicable, bearing name and booking reference number:
- Via air – roundtrip air tickets (MNL-Destination-MNL)
- Via sea – roundtrip ferry tickets
- Via land –
- If, Public transport: roundtrip bus tickets
- If, Private transport: copy of Official Receipt/Certificate of Registration (OR/CR) and Photo of Vehicle with Plate Number
- The Tourism Promotions Board (TPB) shall evaluate the documents and inform the tourist of the status of their application five (5) days prior to travel, at most.
- The TPB RT PCR Team Head or the assigned officer in-charge of endorsements shall forward, digitally, the line list of approved tourists to the Philippine Children’s Medical Center (PCMC) COVID-19 Testing Laboratory daily, between 8:00 am to 9:00 am only.Any additional list will be acted upon by the PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory, as long as it is emailed to them before 3:00 pm and that the RT-PCR test will not be administered on the same day.
- For this Subsidy Program, PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory can only accommodate and administer a minimum of 50 to a maximum of 350 SARS CoV2 RT-PCR tests per day. Thus, applications will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Approved applicants will receive an email from PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory, which includes the swab schedule and copy of the Client Investigation Form (CIF) to be filled up completely and electronically by the tourist, and printed out for submission on the day of the swab-test schedule.
- Only those who have received confirmation of the swab test schedule will be accommodated. Walk-in requests shall be strictly denied.
- Approved tourists must bring a printed copy of their accomplished Case Investigation Form (CIF) and a government-issued ID on their scheduled date of swab testing.
- Tourists with approved applications must be at the swabbing area of PCMC on their confirmed date of SARS CoV2 RT PCR testing. Failure to show up on the scheduled date would forfeit the 50% SARS CoV2 RT-PCR subsidy.
- Tourists who will request swab test reappointment/rebooking will be entertained if made at least 3 days prior to the new departure date.
- Should there be travel restrictions or change in quarantine or Alert Level status from the COVID-19 Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) we shall not be entertaining any requests for refund or reimbursement for consummated RT-PCR swab tests.
- PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory shall collect, in cash, from the tourists the remaining 50% (PHP 750.00). Payment of which shall complete the PHP 1,500.00 total cost of the SARS CoV2 RT PCR test.
- PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory shall send the SARS CoV2 RT-PCR test result directly to the applicant via email.
- For tourists swabbed in the morning – results will be released on the next day between 4:00 and 6:00 pm.
- For tourists swabbed in the afternoon – results will be released on the next day between 6:00 and 8:00 pm.
- PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory shall immediately inform the tourist of the invalid result due to specimen quality and undetermined mark.
- Tourists are encouraged to follow up a SARS CoV2 RT-PCR result at PCMC COVID-19 Testing Laboratory through telephone number 02-85889900 local 426 between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- The RT-PCR Subsidy Program for Qualified Domestic Tourists with PCMC is only until December 31, 2021. Thus, applications beyond the said date shall no longer be accepted.